Board Appointed Committee
Measure E, a school facilities improvement measure, was passed by Irvine voters on June 7, 2016. In accordance with California state law, for measures passed with 55 percent of the vote, the Irvine Unified School District Board of Education appointed a Citizens Oversight Committee (COC) during the September 13, 2016 Board Meeting. The COC will monitor bond expenditures and ensure bond revenues are allocated in compliance with the voter approved measure. The focus of the committee is to provide transparency and maintain public confidence in the use of Measure E bond funds.
Applicants must commit to a two-year term of service and reside or own property within the School Facilities Improvement District (SFID) boundaries. Click here to view the SFID boundary map. Membership is voluntary, without compensation, and members must be 18 years of age. Employees, vendors, contractors, consultants, or IUSD officials are not eligible for appointment to the Committee.
The Education Code requires a minimum of seven (7) members representing the following categories:
- One (1) member who is a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District within the boundaries of the SFID
- One (1) member who is both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District within the boundaries of the SFID and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the PTA or school site council
- One (1) member who is active in a business organization representing the business community residing in the District within the boundaries of the SFID
- One (1) member who is active in a senior citizens organization residing in the District within the boundaries of the SFID
- One (1) member who is active in a bona-fide taxpayers association residing in the District within the boundaries of the SFID
- Two (2) members of the community at-large residing in the District within the boundaries of the SFID
After careful consideration and based on their respective qualifications and interview, staff recommended 11 candidates for appointment to the Measure E Independent Citizens Oversight Committee. Below is a list of the Board appointed candidates along with the required category each member represents.
|Name||Required Category Fulfilled|
|Todd Cope||Parent active in Parent-Teacher Organization|
|Ryan Larson||Parent active in Parent-Teacher Organization|
|Connie Stone||Parent active in Parent-Teacher Organization|
|Kristi Smemoe||Parent active in Parent-Teacher Organization|
|Terri Elia||Business Organization Representative|
|Betty Jo Woollett||Senior Citizen Organization Representative|
|Patti Ragland||Bona-fide Taxpayers Association Representative|
|Kenric Stone||Member of Community At-large|
|Adele Heuer||Member of Community At-large|
Annual Report- January 22, 2018
Annual Report- January 28, 2019
Agendas and Meeting Minutes