Welcome to the Irvine Unified School District!
Our teachers, administrators and support staff are committed to academic excellence and quality service for our families. As such, we hope to make the enrollment process as quick and convenient as possible.
Enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is now open.
Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year will open in the afternoon on March 5, 2021
Click here for important information and updates regarding the Coronavirus.
****NOTICE: Irvine Unified School District is not a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school district. Therefore, enrollment of a student with B, F-1, J-1, or M visa status in the District could negatively impact a student's visa status.
Information on application for admission to a SEVP certified school can be found at: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search
Before you start...
Gather the required enrollment documents. Please visit the link below and collect the Enrollment Documents in a digital format by saving them as a PDF, scanning them or by taking clear and legible photos. You will be asked to upload these documents during the online enrollment.
*If you are unable to print the Residency Affidavit for signature or need further assistance, please contact your school directly.
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following links provide IUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. Please contact your assigned residential school if you have any questions regarding grade-level placement.
- 2020-2021 School Year - Grade Level Placement Guidelines
- 2021-2022 School Year - Grade Level Placement Guidelines
Assigned Neighborhood Schools:
Based on the address of your residence in Irvine, you will be assigned a neighborhood school. Please note that Culverdale and Westpark share a "Super Attendance" area, meaning both are considered that area's neighborhood schools. If you live in this area and Westpark becomes full in a grade level, Culverdale will be considered your neighborhood school, and vice versa.
There are programs set up specifically for new incoming Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten students.
- Kindergarten Program Information
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Information
- Immunizations - IUSD complies with all state requirements. Please click here for more information: Health Services
- If you are currently participating in a program at our Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC), please click here for 2021-22 enrollment instructions
For students new to the district, IUSD has set up an online data entry process that will help you get started with the enrollment process. You must have a valid address within the Irvine Unified School District attendance area to use this system. Verification of residence and immunizations will be required before you complete the enrollment process. Please note: If a student previously attended a school within IUSD and is returning, you do not need to complete the Aeries Internet Registration , please send the required enrollment documents directly to the school. The email address for the school is listed under the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION tab below.
- Enrolling for the current school year: You will be contacted by school staff shortly after completion of the online enrollment.
- Enrolling for the upcoming 2021-22 school year: You should be contacted by school staff within two weeks of completing the online enrollment to finalize your enrollment by making your academic model selection (in-person or online learning).
- We highly encourage you to visit your school's website for information and additional directions, as this process may vary by site.
To enroll click below:
Aeries Internet Registration
**Please be sure to choose the correct school year from the dropdown menu when the option appears**
For the most up to date site specific information, please visit your school's website.
To contact your school directly with any enrollment questions, click on the link below.
For information regarding your assigned school please click on the link below.