Welcome to the Irvine Unified School District!
Our teachers, administrators and support staff are committed to academic excellence and quality service for our families. As such, we hope to make the enrollment process as quick and convenient as possible.
Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year is open.
Click here for important information and updates regarding the Coronavirus.
****NOTICE: Irvine Unified School District is not a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school district. Therefore, enrollment of a student with B, F-1, J-1, or M visa status in the District could negatively impact a student's visa status.
Information on application for admission to a SEVP certified school can be found at: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search
Parents considering an Independent Study option have the right to request a student-parent-educator conference meeting before enrollment to review the academic program delivery, student support, enrollment process, specific academic expectations as well as the withdrawal process. If your student has an IEP, please contact your student’s case carrier to schedule an IEP to determine if independent study is appropriate to support your student’s unique needs.
Along with many of our program support opportunities, Independent Study will offer:
- For students in transitional kindergarten and grades 1 to 3, inclusive, a plan to provide opportunities for daily synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
- For students in grades 4 to 8, inclusive, a plan to provide opportunities for both daily live interaction and at least weekly synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
- For students in grades 9 to 12, inclusive, a plan to provide opportunities for at least weekly synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
- A plan to transition students whose families wish to return to in-person instruction from independent study expeditiously, and, in no case, later than five instructional days.
“Synchronous instruction” means classroom-style instruction or designated small group or one-on-one instruction delivered in person, or in the form of internet or telephonic communications, and involving live two-way communication between the teacher and student. Synchronous instruction shall be provided by the teacher of record.
Before you start...
Gather the required enrollment documents. Please visit the link below and collect the Enrollment Documents in a digital format by saving them as a PDF, scanning them or by taking clear and legible photos. You will be asked to upload these documents during the online enrollment.
*If you are unable to print the Residency Affidavit for signature or need further assistance, please contact your school directly.
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following links provide IUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. Please contact your assigned residential school if you have any questions regarding grade-level placement.
- 2021-2022 School Year - Grade Level Placement Guidelines
Assigned Neighborhood Schools:
Based on the address of your residence in Irvine, you will be assigned a neighborhood school. Please note that Culverdale and Westpark share a "Super Attendance" area, meaning both are considered that area's neighborhood schools. If you live in this area and Westpark becomes full in a grade level, Culverdale will be considered your neighborhood school, and vice versa.
There are programs set up specifically for new incoming Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten students.
- Kindergarten Program Information
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Information
- Immunizations - IUSD complies with all state requirements. Please click here for more information: Health Services
- If you are currently participating in a program at our Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC), please click here for 2021-22 enrollment instructions
For students new to the district, IUSD has set up an online data entry process that will help you get started with the enrollment process. You must have a valid address within the Irvine Unified School District attendance area to use this system. Verification of residence and immunizations will be required before you complete the enrollment process. Please note: If a student previously attended a school within IUSD and is returning, you do not need to complete the Aeries Internet Registration , please send the required enrollment documents directly to the school. The email address for the school is listed under the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION tab below.
We highly encourage you to visit your school's website for information and additional directions, as this process may vary by site.
To enroll click below:
Aeries Internet Registration
**Please be sure to choose the correct school year from the dropdown menu when the option appears**
For the most up to date site specific information, please visit your school's website.
To contact your school directly with any enrollment questions, click on the link below.
For information regarding your assigned school please click on the link below.