Click here for the most recent meal and community resource information.
Education is an essential service. While our schools are closed, IUSD continues to provide free breakfast and lunch meals to any IUSD student who wants or needs them. The grab-and-go meal schedule is designed to reduce parent trips and to support social distancing.
The grab-and-go meal schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the following locations from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Meals provided on Monday will include meals for Monday and Tuesday, meals provided on Wednesday will include meals for Wednesday and Thursday and there will be meals provided on Friday.
- Cadence Park School - 750 Benchmark, Irvine
- Culverdale Elementary School - 2 Paseo Westpark, Irvine
- Cypress Village Elementary School - 355 Rush Lily, Irvine
- Northwood Elementary School - 28 Carson, Irvine
- Oak Creek Elementary School - 1 Dovecreek, Irvine
- Southlake Middle School - 655 West Yale Loop, Irvine
- University Park Elementary School - 4572 Sandburg Way, Irvine
- Venado Middle School - 4 Deerfield Ave., Irvine
Walk-ups are welcome. For families who cannot visit these school sites, email email@example.com.
For more information and updates from IUSD, visit iusd.org/COVID19.
Long-Term Food Assistance
IUSD has connected with our community partner Families Forward to augment IUSD meals and to help link students and families to long-term food assistance, along with other vital services.
Families Forward has set up a drive-thru food pantry (M-F) 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., located at 8 Thomas Drive in Irvine. The drive-thru stations will provide non-perishable items to families each week. No appointment is necessary. Visit Families Forward for more information.
Families Forward also offers counseling services, housing programs, career services and more. If any family is facing a housing crisis as a result of COVID-19, please click here.
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Can help connect families to food resources in general and during the COVID-19 crisis.
- 211 OC – Is a resource center to link families to a variety of Orange County services, including food, the CalFresh program, housing, military and veteran services, and more.
Want to Help?
Due to food and resource hoarding, many organizations such as Families Forward, are experiencing shortages. Although they are not accepting volunteers due to safety concerns, Families Forward is accepting donated items, which can be delivered to their drive-thru pantry (M-F) 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Below is a list of most needed items.
- Pasta sauce and Dried Pasta
- Rice (1lb and 2lb bags)
- Peanut butter
- Canned chicken and tuna
- Diapers (sizes 5 and 6)
- Baby wipes
Thank you to our wonderful community for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time. IUSD appreciates your offers to help and encourages you to support Families Forward with these needed supplies that will benefit IUSD families.
We’re in this together!