Today, at 10:19 a.m., all IUSD schools and facilities participated in the Great California Shakeout. This statewide earthquake drill is the nation’s largest and is annually organized by a coalition of nonprofit, business, government and education partners.
IUSD students and staff did their part by practicing real strategies they’ve learned to keep safe during and after a significant earthquake. Today’s event included drop, cover and hold drills and evacuation exercises.
Stay Connected to IUSD
In the event of an actual emergency, it’s important to know how to connect with IUSD. Below are ways you can stay connected to IUSD in real time, 24/7.
Check your email, voicemail and text messages first
- Please make sure your contact information in the Parent Portal is up to date.
- If you unsubscribed from school or District emails, you will not receive important updates during an emergency.
- To re-subscribe, please email HelpDesk@iusd.org.
VISIT IUSD’S WEBSITE
- Like IUSD on Facebook: facebook.com/irvineunifiedschooldistrict
- Follow IUSD on Twitter: twitter.com/iusd
- Follow IUSD on Instagram: instagram.com/irvine_unified
In the event of a school or districtwide emergency, please check these resources first. They are updated in real time and will help you get the information you need immediately.
Following this protocol will also help keep phone lines open for staff and first responders.
To find out more information about how you can prepare for an earthquake and other emergencies including creating a family plan and knowing who can pick your child up from school, please see the following resources.