Meadow Park and Brywood recently hosted open houses and dedication ceremonies on their campuses to showcase their schools’ recently completed Measure E upgrades. Principals Tom Potwora and Timothy Moeller, along with Superintendent Terry Walker, hosted their respective dedication ceremonies, which were attended by staff, students, families, IUSD Board Members, and City Council Members.
Meadow Park was built 30 years ago and Brywood was built 31 years ago. Both schools received the following upgrades:
- Modernized classrooms, including flexible furniture, voice lift systems, and new whiteboards and cabinetry
- Redesigned library/media center with enhanced technology and flexible furniture
- New science and innovation labs
- Indoor and outdoor collaboration spaces to facilitate small or large group and/or individual work
- Media room with a green screen and video production equipment
- A new building with dedicated music rooms and a multipurpose space
- Safety, comfort and accessibility improvements
During the Meadow Park celebration, Principal Potwora thanked staff, students and families for their partnership during the yearlong renovations. “Even though this was a yearlong project, our students, staff and families responded with joy and excitement. This positive attitude and resiliency is part of the foundation of Meadow Park and is an integral part of this community for the past 31 years. I feel very confident and thankful that our school will continue to grow because of the values, worth ethic, adaptability and compassion of our entire school community.”
As part of the Brywood celebration, Principal Moeller also thanked staff, students and their families, who moved to a temporary location during the yearlong renovations. “Every student can succeed with the right tools,” he said. “The new Brywood 2.0 features provide tools to enhance teaching and learning for each of our students.”
For more information about Measure E, visit iusd.org/MeasureE. images of the celebrations and upgraded locations, see the following photo galleries.