Mindful Mondays is a new weekly video series led by IUSD administrators, teachers and staff to help students cultivate the attitudes, skills and knowledge to become resilient and resourceful learners, who are able to adapt and demonstrate perseverance and optimism as they face academic and personal challenges. Mindful Mondays are also designed to foster awareness among students and families about available mental health, wellness and academic resources and supports in place and how to access them. Weekly topics include mental health and wellness, growth mindset, managing stress, school and home life balance, social wellness and connectedness, healthy habits and much more.
In addition to the Mindful Mondays webpage at iusd.org/MindfulMondays, weekly videos can be viewed on IUSD's Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Additional resources will also be included with each video.
Click here to watch Superintendent Terry Walker's Mindful Mondays preview video in which he briefly shares why IUSD has launched this series as part of the District's comprehensive approach to mental health and wellness.
Mindful Monday September 26, 2022: Supporting Resilient Students
In this week's Mindful Monday video our Prevention and Intervention Department's Mental Health Supervisor Kelly Alexander and Psychologist Marci Russell share three strategies for supporting resilient students:
1. Take an active role in students' learning and social emotional wellness.
2. Develop a growth mindset.
3. Know who and how to reach out to for supports.
Additional Resources for this video are: Growth Mindset for Parents by MindsetKit.org, Even Geniuses Work Hard by Carol Dweck, Mindset by Carol Dweck, IUSD Prevention and Intervention, IUSD Middle and High School Counselors, CDC’s Positive Parenting Tips by Age Group
- Mental Health Awareness Month is Every Month for IUSD
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Meet IUSD’s Prevention and Intervention Team
- Your Mental Health Matters. Tips and Resources for the IUSD Community
- IUSD Celebrates Opening of WellSpaces
- National Wellness Month
- Welcome Back to School Message from Superintendent Walker
- Back to School Reminders
- July is Social Wellness Month