As part of the Irvine Unified School District’s ongoing effort to prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19 in our schools and facilities, the District, in partnership with LivingFit Nation Corporate Wellness, is offering no cost COVID-19 testing for students, IUSD employees and employee dependents. The clinics run from January 25 through February 22, rotating locations each week between IUSD's six high schools.
This partnership is in addition to IUSD’s free testing for staff, which began prior to the start of in-person instruction in September 2020. Staff may continue to use the testing program established through Sand Canyon Urgent Care for employees only or they may use these clinics for themselves and their dependents.
The next and final clinic is scheduled for Monday, February 22 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at University High School (4771 Campus Drive, Irvine).
Please note that location may be subject to change.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Face coverings are required at this onsite event.
- All participants must complete a doctor survey form before the test is administered. (The form can be found by clicking on the link for the flier below.)
- Costs associated with COVID-19 testing will be billed through private insurance or for those people uninsured through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Bring a photo ID and medical insurance card to the event.
- No cost sharing for PCR COVID-19 testing includes all copays and deductibles.
Post Test Follow Up
- Expect to receive your results within 48 hours from the date of testing.
- Test results will be given to you via email, text message, or by phone call from the telehealth physician.
For more information about COVID-19 facts and schools, IUSD mitigation strategies and what you can do, please take a moment to review the following:
To read more about the $21 million IUSD has strategically invested in health and safety measures, including face coverings, physical distancing, use of outdoor and flexible learning spaces, smaller cohorts, enhanced ventilation systems, standalone air purification systems for each classroom and other workspaces, and disinfecting protocols, click here.
Click here to view and download the flier for the February 22 clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I have a co-pay or deductible if I use my insurance?
A: No, there is no co-pay or deductible – the cost will be covered by insurance regardless of the plan.
Q: What if I don't have insurance?
A: Testing will be covered by the CARES Act at no cost to you.
Q: Can I bring my spouse?
A: Yes, spouses and domestic partners may be tested.
Q: Who are dependents?
A: Children up to the age of 26. Spouses or domestic partners are also included.
Q: What type of test is used – saliva or nasal?
A: The test is a nasal swab.
Q: Which lab are you using?
A: Click here for more information from LivingFit Nation.
Q: What is the turnaround time of the results?
A: According to LivingFit Nation generally 48 hours.
Q: How will I recieve my results?
A: Test results will be given to you via email, text message or by phone call from the telehealth physician.
Q: Do I need a reservation?
A: No but they are highly recommended. Without a reservation you may be subject to very long wait times.
Q: What are the steps to schedule an appointment?
A: Please follow these steps to schedule your COVID-19 test:
- Use the doctor survey form to access the Telehealth Survey. (See the link to flier in this news article for the doctor survey form.)
- Create an account/registration, select a time slot, and complete the contact information page.
- Complete COVID-19 questionnaire. Stop after the COVID-19 questionnaire is completed.
- Print confirmation email and bring it with you to the event
Q: What happens when I arrive on site?
A: Follow the directions on the IUSD/LivingFit Nation flier and signage with instructions when arriving on site.
Q: What should I know for the day of my test?
A: Please remember the following:
- Face coverings are required at this on-site event.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Bring your photo ID and medical insurance card to the event.
Q: Will LivingFit Nation adhere to new WHO guidelines?
A: Please click here for more information from LivingFit Nation.
Q: Does this apply to IVA students?
A: Yes, it applies to all IUSD students, including IVA students.