Welcome to the Speak Up, We Care resource page. We want you to know that every student’s voice matters and you are not alone, so please reach out, because we care and are here to help you. If you are a student, parent or staff member, please click on the appropriate portal below for detailed resources and information.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call 911 immediately. You may also click on the “Crisis Resources” icon below for more resources, including crisis and suicide prevention hotlines.
**NEW** Through a partnership with Irvine Family Resource Center (Prevention and Intervention) and Tilly’s Teen Empowerment Program, IUSD students aged 13-17 and 18-28 can sign up for a free program to include 12 virtual social-emotional learning lessons! Click on this link to find out how.
As we navigate these unchartered territories, we are making thoughtful considerations regarding resources that would be supportive to students and families. Please find below some helpful resources that may be of assistance to you:
- Tools for Self-Care: Self-care Toolkit at Gritx.org
- Tips for Managing Anxiety and Stress: Centers for Disease Control Help Page for Managing Anxiety and Stress Over the Coronavirus
- How to talk to Children about COVID-19: “Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource”, go to Talking to Children About COVID-19
- SAMHSA Fact Sheet with tips for coping with stress during an infectious disease outbreak
- Helpful coping strategies: Coping Strategies, Coping Skills and Support
- 30 Activities we can do for our emotional health
- To connect with emotional support or resources, OC Warm Line call or text: (714) 991-6412; Toll Free: 877-910-9276
Seeking Community Mental Health Providers
As a reminder, please access your regular mental health provider for support. If you have private insurance, consider calling your carrier for a referral list that matches your child’s needs.
For those who are seeking alternatives, here are some on-line therapy options:
- Good Therapy
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) online therapy resources and apps
To connect on a range of topics related to mental health support, click on resources available online or call NAMI HelpLine, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 1-800-950-6264
The above list is not a comprehensive list of providers in Orange County and is NOT a formal referral from IUSD. Please use discretion in selecting a mental health provider.
IN DISTRICT HELP
If you are a student and you are in crisis or want to learn more about resources available to you, enter here.
If you are a parent and you are looking for ways to support your child as well as find out more about community resources, enter here.
If you are looking for immediate assistance, call 911 or enter here.
If you are looking for materials to use in supporting your students and professional learning opportunities, enter here.