The Irvine Family Resource Center is a collaborative program between Irvine Unified and several community agencies. The IFRC provides:
- Short-term, Evidence-based Mental Health Services by licensed mental health therapists for IUSD, K-12 students and families. Our services are either free or low cost to students and families who may not have easy access to affordable mental health or family support services. We aim to provide effective and individualized support for our clients dealing with mental health concerns in an intimate and confidential setting where we can foster connection, trust, and growth.
- Parent Workshops help parents and caregivers learn positive discipline skills needed at home for building capable kids and healthy families.
- Teen Workshops will introduce teens to life skills such as stress management, coping skills, effective communication, goal setting and positive relationships.
- Resource Linkage and Referral - We are happy to provide phone consultation to connect you with available community resources for:
- Mental Health referrals to community agencies and other programs.
- Referrals to school-based supports.
- Basic Needs support for food, clothing, and housing.
- Drug/Alcohol Resources.