IUSD is in year 2 of a 5 year implementation plan to implement the use of the Facilitated IEP Process at all of our school sites.
What is a Facilitated IEP Meeting?
A Facilitated Individualized Education Program (IEP) meeting is one in which:
- An IEP is developed by a collaborative team whose members share responsibility for the meeting process and results
- Decision-making is managed through the use of facilitation skills
This process of Facilitation for IEP meetings enables the team to:
- Build and improve strong relationships among team members
- Reach true consensus
- Focus the IEP content and process on the needs of the student
- Exercise an efficient, guided meeting process where effective communication and reflective listening are practiced