As part of Wildfire Preparedness Week, the District would like to remind our families to Stay Connected to IUSD during an emergency for updates and information in real time, 24/7.
- Check your email, voicemail and text messages first.
- Please make sure your contact information in the Parent Portal is up to date.
- If you unsubscribed from school or District emails, you will not receive important updates during an emergency.
- To re-subscribe, please email HelpDesk@iusd.org.
VISIT IUSD’S WEBSITE
- Important alerts and ongoing updates will be posted on the District homepage IUSD.org and at IUSD.org/news
- The District posts real time updates and alerts on our social media sites
- Like IUSD on Facebook: facebook.com/irvineunifiedschooldistrict and share this post with friends and family
- Follow IUSD on Twitter: twitter.com/iusd
- Follow IUSD on Instagram: instagram.com/irvine_unified
In the event of a school or districtwide emergency, please check these resources first. They are updated in real time and will help you get the information you need immediately.
OPT-IN FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS
In order for IUSD or your school to contact you via text message, in the event of an emergency, we need you to "opt-in" to this service first. By enabling this texting feature, and verifying that your mobile numbers in Parent Portal are correct, you are helping the District and your school reach you with important notifications.
It is easy to "opt-in" to receive text messages:
Text "Y" to 67587 from each wireless device you wish to receive texts on.
Not sure if you "opted-in" already? No problem! You can never "opt-in" too many times, just follow the step above.
For additional information, visit IUSD's Text Message Frequently Asked Questions page.
For more information about how IUSD prepares for emergencies and what you can do at home and work, visit http://bit.ly/2DP9ivN.