Join IUSD’s Prevention and Intervention team for a series of virtual mental health and wellness enrichment programs this summer. The workshops are open to both parents/guardians and students.
See the schedule below and to sign up for the workshops, click here. Once you have registered for the workshop(s) of your choice, you will be sent the Zoom link(s). For questions and more information, call 949-936-7501.
Self-Care Interactive Workshop (June 23 at 1 p.m.):
- Learn how to prioritize self-care through tangible tools to help you feel relaxed and mindful throughout your day
- This experiential workshop will give you the time and space to learn each skill and put them into practice
- Leave feeling relaxed and equipped with ways to ease into a breezy summer
Trauma-Informed Parenting Workshop (Part 1 is July 27 at 12 p.m. and Part 2 is July 28 at 12 p.m.):
- Trauma-informed parenting is designed to help parents teach their children coping skills.
- In this workshop, you will learn more about trauma-informed parenting and how it can be paramount to building a better connection with your child while maintaining structure and discipline for ALL kids and families
- Learn the common symptoms of stress/ trauma you may see in your child
- Gain hands on tools to use with your children as you navigate this season and anticipate the upcoming school year
Stress Management Workshop (August 13 at 10 a.m.):
- Re-center yourself to be prepared for the upcoming school year as you learn practical tools to help you reduce stress for whatever comes your way
- This workshop is geared towards students and will teach and practice tangible skills to use this school year when stressors comes knocking