The United States Department of Agriculture announced that they will reimburse school districts for free meals to all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year. As a result, ALL IUSD students will receive FREE MEALS throughout the next school year.
Free meals include one breakfast (if breakfast is available at your school) and one lunch. Please note that Nutrition Services will continue to charge students full-price for an additional second meal and a la carte items.
Click here to view a video demonstrating how elementary students go through the cafeteria line. All COVID health and safety protocols will be in place (see below for more information). Menus are posted for parents to review at https://my.iusd.org.
Free and Reduced-Price Meal Applications
While meals are free for all students, families whose income may qualify are still encouraged to complete a free or reduced-price meal application to ensure your students receive additional benefits to which they may be entitled.
- Parents who are certain that their students do not qualify do not need to submit an application. All IUSD students will still receive free meals this year.
- Parents who have already received a letter notifying them that their students are qualified for free or reduced price meals do not need to submit an application.
Our application for Free or Reduced-Price Meals is now available online for the 2021-22 school year. Please visit family.titank12.com to complete an application.
Health and Safety Planning
Nutrition Services is taking extra steps to help ensure that our students’ experience in the cafeteria is healthy and safe, following all Federal, State and County guidelines for school food service. This includes:
- At this point, due to current regulations, all salad bars will remain closed during the 2021-22 school year. However, students will be served an array of fresh fruit and vegetables packaged by our Central Kitchen and local produce company.
- No change will be given in our cafeterias at any grade level. All extra monies will be deposited to students’ accounts.
- Our staff is continually trained on the most updated cleaning and sanitizing regulations as they become available.
IUSD.org/nutrition will be updated regularly with current information. Please check back regularly.