Planning for Portola High School has necessitated changes to IUSD's high school attendance boundaries, both to accommodate the new campus and to balance enrollment across the district. Scroll down for the latest news and information.
Board of Education meeting on August 19
Capping ten months of discussion and analysis, the IUSD Board of Education has approved a new attendance area for the district’s next high school, along with additional high school boundary adjustments to take effect when the new campus opens in August 2016.
The boundary changes will not apply to any current high school students, and, as depicted in the maps below, most IUSD students will not be affected. But new boundary lines are needed to carve out an attendance area for Irvine Unified’s fifth comprehensive high school and to ensure secondary enrollment is properly balanced throughout the district.
To read more, click here.
High school boundary presentations
* This presentation was updated to reflect the accurate date of a parent forum at Northwood High School. Originally, a March date was proposed for the forum, but it was changed to April at the request of the Board. All remaining information is as presented at the March 4 Board of Education meeting.
Updates from the IUSD NewsFlash
- Board approves boundary adjustments to accommodate fifth high school, balance enrollment (Aug. 20, 2014)
- Board of Education set to vote on proposed high school boundary adjustments (Aug. 15, 2014)
- Latest proposal for high school boundary changes presented to Board of Education (May 30, 2014)
- IUSD Board of Education approves location of district’s fifth comprehensive high school (May 22, 2014)
- Board of Education Study Session will focus on proposed high school boundary changes (May 19, 2014)
- IUSD to present information on proposed high school boundary changes at upcoming forums (March 4, 2014)
High school boundary map 2015-16 (Prior to Boundary Changes)
High school boundary map for 2016-17
The map below is for general reference purposes only. To view the official high school attendance areas effective fall of 2016, CLICK HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- FAQ List (PDF)