1. Q. Who needs a bus pass?
A. Any student who qualifies to ride the bus to the schools we currently provide transportation to.
2. Q. Why do I have to pay to ride the bus?
A. Because state funding does not pay the entire cost of transporting students.
3. Q. How do I get a bus pass?
A. By completing an online bus pass application every year at the link below and paying for the pass.
4. Q. Where can I get an application for a bus pass?
A. You must fill out an application every year on the IUSD Website- https://iusd.org/business-services/transportation/transportation-busing
5. Q. What are the hours of Transportation?
A. Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.
6. Q. Can I get a pass by mail?
A. The bus pass application is only online at- https://iusd.org/business-services/transportation/transportation-busing
7. Q. What does an annual pass cost?
A. Fees start at $390.00 per child, per year but will vary with income.
8. Q. Does everyone pay the same price for a pass?
A. No, fees are according to income.
9. Q. What if I can not afford a bus pass?
A. Free/reduced bus passes are available to those who qualify. You must call Transportation at 949-936-5370 for the application and to schedule an appointment to bring in your income documents, no walk-ins please.
10. Q. How do I qualify for the reduced rates?
A. Application must be filled out with supporting documentation submitted. This includes Income Verification Form, 2021 Federal Income Tax Form return, 4 current paycheck stubs, EDD letter, Welfare information, SS income. Applicants for free/reduced bus passes must apply in person at the Transportation Office please call 949-936-5370 Ext. 2 to schedule an appointment, no walk-ins please.
11. Q. Do I have to buy an annual pass?
A. No, passes are available for the year or semester.
12. Q. Are there any deadlines for purchasing passes?
13. Q. What if my child loses or misplaces their pass?
A. Replacement passes are $15.00 each. No more then 4 replacements will be issued per year.
14. Q. What if we move or have no further need of busing?
A. IUSD's refund policy is to refund only if moving out of the district.
15. Q. Are one-way passes available?
A. Yes, purchased annually for $195.00.
16. Q. What if I only need a pass for one or two days a week?
A. Sorry daily or weekly passes are not available.
17. Q. Can I use a Credit/Debit card to purchase a bus pass?
A.Yes, a credit/debit card can be used only online at My School Bucks. There will be an additional fee of 4.15% applied for card usage. My School Busks Link- https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/getmain.action?clientKey=&requestAction=home
18. Q. Does my child need to carry the bus pass all the time?
A. Yes, and it must be legible for the driver to read. Have the pass replaced if it is not legible. It is very important to have the pass at all times. If you don't have a pass, you may be denied Transportation!
19. Q. What if we move to another area in Irvine and the stop is different from the one on the pass?
A. Call Transportation at 949-936-5370 Ext. 2 we will create a new pass and the driver will exchange it for the old pass. If the child is still eligible to ride, it will be free of charge. If the old one is not available then a $15.00 charge is added.
20. Q. What are the ending dates for the semesters?
A. 1st semester ends 01/13/2023 - 2nd semester ends 06/02/2023
21. Q. Can bus passes be transferred to another child in the family?
A. No, on the back of the pass it states that all rights are revoked if transferred.
22. Q. What about rules and regulations for riding the bus
A. All students riding the bus are required to abide by safety rules set forth by the state. See Bus Conduct and Safety rules on web site.
23. Q. What happens if a student violates the rules?
A. The Student may be denied bus transportation.
24. Q. Are seatbelts required on school buses?
A. No, only California "Type 2" school buses manufactured on or after July 1, 2004 and "Type 1" school buses manufactured on or after July 1, 2005, are required by statute to be equipped with lap/shoulder belts (Vehicle Code (VC) Section 27316). But alternative methods of safety must be in effect.
25. Q. Does IUSD or its contractors have seatbelts on the buses?
A. The majority of the buses are equipped, however, there are still some that are not.
26. Q. On buses without seatbelts, what safety measures are taken?
A. "Compartmentalization" - containing children within a structurally reinforced passenger compartment of fully padded high back seats and crash barriers.
27. Q. What if I have complaints or concerns regarding bus transportation?
A. Please feel free to call IUSD Transportation at (949) 936-5370 Ext. 2, Monday - Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm.