Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB1522)
How do I use this benefit?
You have to have accrued sick leave in order to use it. Please check your Employee account in Frontline to view your balances by signing into Frontline, clicking on your name in the top right corner and choosing Employee, then click on your preferences, then Absence Balance Reasons. If you do not have the option to switch over to the employee side - then you have not accrued any sick leave yet.
How do I track and use my sick leave in Irvine Unified School District?
Substitutes can track and request use of paid sick via our Frontline (formerly Aesop) system (directions below) at https://frontline.iusd.org
*As substitute teachers take half-day and full-day assignments, those hours accumulate in groups of four for a half-day and eight for a full day.
To use the leave, proceed as follows:
- Log into Frontline (formerly Aesop).
- Click on the Paid Sick Leave Balance button
- Create an absence on the day you are requesting the leave.
- Choose the reason for the leave- this will be AB1522 Leave.
- Choose the number of hours of leave you will use. You must have the corresponding balance of hours available to you.
- Confirm the Absence.
- You will be paid for those hours of sick leave on the next available pay warrant (check).
Do I have to request a substitute to cover for me in my absence?
No. You do not have to request a substitute to fill in for you when you request leave.
Who do I contact if I have questions?