Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (AB1522)
How do I use this benefit?
How do I track and use my sick leave in Irvine Unified School District?
Substitutes can track and request use of paid sick via our AESOP system (directions below) at https://iusd.aesoponline.com/
*As substitute teachers take half-day and full-day assignments, those hours accumulate in groups of four for a half-day and eight for a full day.
To use the leave, proceed as follows:
- Log into AESOP using your user name and password.
- Click on the Paid Sick Leave Balance button
- Create an absence on the day you are requesting the leave.
- Choose the reason for the leave- this will be AB1522 Leave.
- Choose the number of hours of leave you will use. You must have the corresponding balance of hours available to you.
- Confirm the Absence.
- You will be paid for those hours of sick leave on the next available pay warrant (check).
Do I have to request a substitute to cover for me in my absence?
No. You do not have to request a substitute to fill in for you when you request leave.
Who do I contact if I have questions?