Work Permits

Work permits can be obtained from an administrator at your school site.


request for work permits

work permits 

Work permit issuance is processed at your assigned school site: 


Irvine HS:  Contact Irvine HS directly for information (949)936-7002.

Northwood HS:  Contact Northwood HS directly for information (949)936-7202.

Portola HS:  Contact Portola HS directly for information (949)936-8202.

Uniiersity HS:  Contact University HS directly for information (949)936-7602.

Woodbridge HS Contact Woodbridge HS for information (949)936-7802.




Work Permit applications must be signed by the employer prior to submission to a school site administrator.

  • All minors need a work permit to legally work in California.
  • Work permits are only issued by the school district to students who attend an Irvine Unified School District school.  If you attend a private school, charter school, or are homeschooled, you must seek a permit from your school administrator.
  • Students must have an offer of a paid job - we do not issue blank work permits.
  • A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
  • A social security number is required to process a work permit.
  • The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
  • Each new job requires a new work permit.
  • Make sure that all sections of the application are completed for processing.  If section are left blank or incomplete, IUSD is unable to process your application.
  • There is no minimum GPA required for summer work permits.
  • All work permits issued during the summer will expire five days into the new school year and must be renewed as needed.


Entertainment Work Permits:

Entertainment Work Permits can be obtained during the summer months by downloading an application at:


During summer, the “school record” section is left blank. Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card. Send completed application, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Division of Labor Standards

c/o Entertainment Work Permits

6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100

Van Nuys, California 91401