Work permits can be obtained from an administrator at your school site.
request for work permits
Work permit applications are processed at your school site during the following days/hours:
- Creekside High: Contact 949-936-7402 for further information.
- Irvine High: Contact 949-936-7002 for further information.
- Northwood High: Contact 949-936-7202 for further information.
- Portola High: Contact 949-936-8202 for further information.
- University High: Contact 949-936-7602 for further information.
- Woodbridge High: Contact 949-936-7821 for further information.
Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- A social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Students will need to bring the completed application along with photo identification.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- There is no minimum GPA required for summer work permits.
- All summer work permits will expire five days after school begins.
Entertainment Work Permits:
Entertainment Work Permits can be obtained during the summer months by downloading an application at:
During summer, the “school record” section is left blank. Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card. Send completed application, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Division of Labor Standards
c/o Entertainment Work Permits
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100
Van Nuys, California 91401