Work permits can be obtained from an administrator at your school site.
request for work permits
Request for work permits - California Department of Industrial Relations
Work permit issuance is processed by an administrator at your assigned school site:
Contact Irvine HS directly for information (949) 936-7002.
Contact Northwood HS directly for information (949) 936-7202.
Contact Portola HS directly for information (949) 936-8202.
Contact University HS directly for information (949) 936-7602.
Contact Woodbridge HS for information (949) 936-7802.
Creekside & San Joaquin:
Contact Creekside & San Joaquin for information (949) 936-7400.
For assistance when school sites are closed, contact Student Services at StudentServices@iusd.org.
Work Permit applications must be signed by the employer prior to submission to a school site administrator.
- All minors need a work permit to legally work in California.
- Work permits are only issued by the school district to students who attend an Irvine Unified School District school. If you attend a private school, charter school, or are homeschooled, you must seek a permit from your school administrator.
- Students must have an offer of a paid job - we do not issue blank work permits.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- A social security number is required to process a work permit.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Make sure that all sections of the application are completed for processing. If sections are left blank or incomplete, IUSD is unable to process your application.
- There is no minimum GPA required for summer work permits.
- All work permits issued during the summer will expire five days into the new school year and must be renewed as needed.
Entertainment Work Permits can be obtained by downloading an application at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-Forms-CL.htm
During summer, the “school record” section is left blank. Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card. Send completed application, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Division of Labor Standards
c/o Entertainment Work Permits
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100
Van Nuys, California 91401