Work permits can be obtained from an administrator at your school site.
request for work permits
Work permit issuance is processed at your assigned school site:
Irvine HS: Contact Irvine HS directly for information (949)936-7002.
Northwood HS: Contact Northwood HS directly for information (949)936-7202.
Portola HS: Contact Portola HS directly for information (949)936-8202.
Uniiersity HS: Contact University HS directly for information (949)936-7602.
Woodbridge HS: Contact Woodbridge HS for information (949)936-7802.
Work Permit applications must be signed by the employer prior to submission to a school site administrator.
- All minors need a work permit to legally work in California.
- Work permits are only issued by the school district to students who attend an Irvine Unified School District school. If you attend a private school, charter school, or are homeschooled, you must seek a permit from your school administrator.
- Students must have an offer of a paid job - we do not issue blank work permits.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- A social security number is required to process a work permit.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Make sure that all sections of the application are completed for processing. If section are left blank or incomplete, IUSD is unable to process your application.
- There is no minimum GPA required for summer work permits.
- All work permits issued during the summer will expire five days into the new school year and must be renewed as needed.
Entertainment Work Permits:
Entertainment Work Permits can be obtained during the summer months by downloading an application at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-Forms-CL.htm
During summer, the “school record” section is left blank. Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card. Send completed application, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Division of Labor Standards
c/o Entertainment Work Permits
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 100
Van Nuys, California 91401