Anaphylaxis is a potentially severe or life-threatening allergic reaction that can occur very quickly-as fast as within a couple of minutes of exposure to the allergen.

It can be triggered by an allergy to a particular food (peanuts or shellfish, for example), biting or stinging insects (like bees), medication (penicillin is a common one), latex (the type of rubber many balloons are made from) or a variety of other allergic triggers.

Below are the nut safe practices which IUSD follows. If you have questions please contact your child's School Nurse or Health Services