Dual Enrollment/Early College Credit

IUSD Dual Enrollment

What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment occurs when a K-12 student enrolls in a college class. Locally, some practitioners may use the term “concurrent enrollment” to refer to “general” dual enrollment or “ad hoc” dual enrollment, which is dual enrollment that occurs outside of programs governed by formal agreements. Irvine Valley College uses the following terms to refer to different types of dual enrollment:

● General Dual Enrollment: Dual enrollment occurs when a K-12 student decides to enroll in a college course on their own, outside of a formal, agreement-governed dual enrollment program. This is sometimes referred to outside the college as “concurrent enrollment.”

● CCAP Dual Enrollment: Dual enrollment is governed by a College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) agreement.