The District would like to remind our families that staying connected to IUSD is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Throughout the year you will receive important news and information about the District and your student(s) school on a regular basis but it is also important to know how to connect with IUSD during an emergency. Below are three easy ways that you can stay connected to IUSD in real time, 24/7.
- Check Email, Voicemail and Text Messages:
- Check your email, voicemail and text messages first.
- Make sure your contact information in the Parent Portal is up to date.
- Please note that this year, the District is transitioning to a new communications platform called ParentSquare. If you have not already, you will receive more information from your student(s) school.
- Visit IUSD.org:
- Important alerts and ongoing updates are posted on the District homepage IUSD.org and at IUSD.org/news.
- Follow IUSD Social Media:
- Like IUSD on Facebook: facebook.com/irvineunifiedschooldistrict
- Follow IUSD on Twitter: twitter.com/iusd
- Follow IUSD on Instagram: instagram.com/irvine_unified
In the event of a school or districtwide emergency, please check these resources first for official information. They are updated in real time and will help you get the information you need in a timely manner.
Following this protocol will also help keep phone lines open for staff and first responders.
For more information about how IUSD prepares for emergencies and what you can do at home and work, visit http://bit.ly/2DP9ivN.