In the event of an emergency during the school day, the following are some important points to remember:
- The District maintains responsibility for our students. IUSD will work with first responders to safely release students to parents or authorized guardians through an established reunification process.
- Look for information from your school or the District about where parent/student reunifications will take place. You should first check your email, voicemail and text messages. Secondarily, check iusd.org and finally check IUSD social media. Visit iusd.org/connect for more information about how to Stay Connected to IUSD, including District social media addresses.
- Students will only be released to persons listed on the school's emergency contact card.
- Bring a valid picture ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Be sure your emergency contacts are up to date in Parent Portal, so that they may also be able to pick-up your child in the event of an emergency. Your emergency contacts must also have a valid photo ID.