As part of the Irvine Unified School District’s ongoing effort to prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19 in our schools and facilities, the District, in partnership with Sand Canyon Urgent Care, is offering no cost COVID-19 testing for students, IUSD employees and employee dependents. The clinics run every other Monday through April, rotating locations between IUSD's high schools.
This partnership is in addition to IUSD’s free testing for staff, which began prior to the start of in-person instruction in September 2020. Staff may continue to use the testing program established through the Sand Canyon Urgent Care location or they may use these clinics for themselves and their dependents.
The Monday, April 19 clinic is at Irvine High School (4321 Walnut Ave., Irvine) 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. (Click here to register for this testing date.)
- Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Face coverings are required at this onsite event.
- All participants must complete a doctor survey form before the test is administered. (Click here for the flier with registration instructions and the doctor survey form.)
- Costs associated with COVID-19 testing will be billed through private insurance or for those who are uninsured, billing will be through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Bring a photo ID and medical insurance card to the event.
- No cost sharing for PCR COVID-19 testing includes all copays and deductibles.
Post Test Follow Up
- According to Sand Canyon Urgent Care, those tested can expect to receive results within 24 hours from the date of testing.
- Test results will be provided by email or by phone.
For more information about COVID-19 facts and schools, IUSD mitigation strategies and what you can do, please take a moment to review the following:
To read more about the $21 million IUSD has strategically invested in health and safety measures, including face coverings, physical distancing, use of outdoor and flexible learning spaces, smaller cohorts, enhanced ventilation systems, standalone air purification systems for each classroom and other workspaces, and disinfecting protocols, click here.
Click here for the April 19 clinic flier, which includes registration instructions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Will I have a co-pay or deductible if I use my insurance?
A: No, there is no co-pay or deductible – the cost will be covered by insurance regardless of the plan.
Q: What if I don't have insurance?
A: Testing will be covered by the CARES Act at no cost to you.
Q: Can I bring my spouse?
A: Yes, spouses and domestic partners may be tested.
Q: Who are dependents?
A: Children up to the age of 26. Spouses or domestic partners are also included.
Q: What type of test is used – saliva or nasal?
A: The test is a nasal swab.
Q: Which lab are you using?
A: Click here to learn more about Sand Canyon Urgent Care's COVID-19 testing.
Q: What is the turnaround time of the results?
A: According to Sand Canyon Urgent Care generally 24 hours from the date of testing.
Q: How will I receive my results?
A: Test results will be given to you via email or phone.
Q: Do I need a reservation?
A: No but they are highly recommended. Without a reservation you may be subject to very long wait times.
Q: What are the steps to schedule an appointment?
A: Please follow these steps to schedule your COVID-19 test:
- Use the Registration Link in the flier to access the registration system. The flier and registration link are posted by the Wednesday prior to the clinic date.
- Select the desired time.
- Complete the registration form.
- There is no cost for IUSD employees - Must show District ID card or payroll stub.
- Students and employee dependents must bring a photo ID and medical insurance card.
Q: What happens when I arrive on site?
A: Follow the directions on the flier and signage with instructions when arriving on site.
Q: What should I know for the day of my test?
A: Please remember the following:
- Face coverings are required at this on-site event.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Bring your photo ID and medical insurance card to the event.
Q: Does this apply to IVA students?
A: Yes, it applies to all IUSD students, including IVA students.