IUSD is participating in Computer Science (CS) Week, which is designed to inspire students to learn how to code, develop computer science skills, and to be prepared for the digital economy. For more information, visit .
As part of CS Week, IUSD’s focus is on , a global event reaching more than 100 million students in more than 180 countries. The Hour of Code was started six years ago, with the belief that anyone anywhere can learn how to code and that the benefits of coding for students include:
- Students learn how to check their work for details, apply logic and persist at a task.
- They also learn how to ask a good question, often in written form.
- Students learn how to collaborate, because much programming today is accomplished in teams.
For fun coding activities any student can do, visit:
- Google’s Made with Code, which is designed to inspire girls to learn how to code.
- , which is a fun game all Star Wars fans will enjoy.
For more information and activities, visit https://hourofcode.com/us.