Required Documents

Below is a list of the documents you'll need to enroll in the Irvine Unified School District. Please make sure you have all of these with you when you start the enrollment verification process.

Verification of identity of parent, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian. One of the following is required.

  • An original government issued I.D. with photo.
  • A driver's license (any photo driver's license or California identification card is permitted)
  • Appropriate agency identification if an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency

Residency Verification. Both forms listed must be printed and filled out.

For enrollment, the parent or guardian must also provide two current documents from the list below to support the residency verification form and the residency affidavit. 

P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted.        Disconnection utility notices are not acceptable.

  • Current Electric Bill
    or verification of electrical service connection (see note below)
    Here is an example of an acceptable current electric bill.
  • Current Gas Bill
    or verification of gas service connection (see note below)
    Here is an example of an acceptable current gas bill.
  • Current Cable/Internet Bill (AT&T bills are not acceptable)
    Here is an example of an acceptable current cable bill.
  • Current Water Bill
    or verification of water service connection (see note below)
    Here is an example of an acceptable current water bill.
  • Current Waste Management Bill 
    Here is an example of an acceptable current waste management bill.
  • Current Social Services Documents
  • UCI Housing document
    An official UCI document asserting the person resides in student housing, which usually covers gas and electric.

*If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, provide a copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included.  Additional proofs of residency are required for enrollment.

*In the case of purchasing a home under construction, a New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification form may be obtained at the sales office and will be accepted as temporary residency verification.

*In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill (both parts, in English) must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.


Proof of withdrawal from any previous school district (if possible)

Proof of age. The following are examples of accepted proof of age.

  • Original, official or certified copy of birth certificate
  • Original government issued I.D. with photo

Proof of Immunization Records must be original and are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including immunizations and examinations.

All kindergarten students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering kindergarten. If an exam is completed between six and 12 months prior to kindergarten entrance, another physical exam will be required prior to entering first grade. All first-grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than 18 months prior to first-grade entry.

Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.

The following is additional information that may be required.

  • An official academic transcript or report card from your previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.
  • For Special Education students: current or most recent IEP and assessments.
  • Students transferring from outside IUSD who have participated in their previous district's GATE program, must meet the criteria established for IUSD's GATE program. Please see our policy: GATE Transfer
  • For EL (English Learners) students: a copy of current ELPAC scores.