Enrollment Documents

Below is a list of documents to enroll in the Irvine Unified School District. Please make sure you have the documents below at the time of enrollment. 


1. Residency Affidavit Form 


2. Choose 2 items from the option below that best fits your situation

Option 1:  Primary Residents

Submit (2) current proofs in your name from the list below. 

For assistance obtaining PDFs, please click here: Obtaining Online PDF Bills

(All addresses on documents must be residence property address and bill provided in its entirety). 
(P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted.  Disconnection utility notices are NOT accepted.)

* If you just moved and a utility service connection letter is used as a proof, a utility bill must be provided to the school within 45 days.

  • Property Tax payment receipts;
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts;
  • Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts;
  • Pay Stub (both name and residency address must appear on payroll document)
  • Voter Registration;
  • Correspondence from a government agency;
  • State issued identification with residence property address listed; or
  • Declaration of Residency Affidavit

** New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification Form (obtained from the sales office) Along with this form, please provide the first page and the signature page from the purchase agreement.  If residing outside of IUSD boundaries, an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement is required for enrollment.  If residing within IUSD boundaries, submit 2 current proofs of residency from Option 1.

Option 2:  Co-residents or Renters with utilities included in the rent

If you share a residence and the utilities are not in your name OR if you are a renter and the utilities are included in the rent, you must provide (2) two current items in your name from the list above in Option 1 OR from the list below in Option 2:

  • DMV vehicle registration showing residential address;
  • Income Tax Documents (sent from IRS, State, or County);
  • Social Services Documents;
  • Pay Stub (both name and residence address must appear on payroll document);
  • Cell Phone bill; or
  • Credit Card bill 

Option 3:  Military Personnel
Submit photocopy of U. S. Uniformed Services Identification Card (front and back) and:

  • Active Duty Military: Copy of active duty military (PCS) orders (SSN Redacted)
  • Retired/Separated: Copy of retirement/separation orders and final DD-214 (SSN Redacted)
  • Proof of Residency: Lease agreement or closing disclosure (formerly HUD-1)*
    • Letter in lieu of for Expedited Military Family Enrollment is acceptable (see school site)

3. Verification of age. The following documents establish age: 

  • Certified copy of birth record;
  • Statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth;
  • Baptism certificate;
  • Passport; or
  • Affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor

4. Health Document Requirements

To ensure the optimum health of students and to comply with California state requirements, please review the following immunization requirements that must be met prior to enrollment.

Immunization Resources: 

Families Together of OC 

OC Family Health Clinic 

Immunization Resources 


CalOptima Health

There have been recent changes to Medical Exemption requirements that went into effect January 1, 2021.  Please review the "Medical Exemption Requirements" document and work with your child's healthcare provider should your child require an exemption.  

A physical exam is required prior to starting 1st grade.  This requirement can be met by a physical being completed no more than 18 months prior to the 1st day of 1st grade.  Be sure the doctor fills out the form below and turn it to the Health Office at your child's school.

California law (Education Code Section 49452.8) says every child must have a dental check-up (assessment) by May 31st of his/her first year in public school.  A California licensed dental professional must do the check-up and fill out Section 2 of the below form.  If your child had a dental check-up in the last 12 months, ask your dentist to fill out Section 2.  If you are unable to get a dental check-up for your child by May 31st, fill out the separate Waiver of Oral Health Assessment Requirement Form below.  

California Education code Section 49423 allows the School Nurse or other designated non-medical school personnel to assist students who are required to take medication during the school day.  This service is provided to enable the student to remain in school and to maintain or improve his/her potential for education and learning. 


Other important documents to bring, if applicable:

  • Academic transcript or report card from your previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school site.
  • Student IEP/504 documents
  • GATE testing certification forms program, For information on established criteria for the IUSD GATE program, please see our policy: GATE Transfer
  • ELPAC/CELDT language test documentation