BOARD POLICY - 6153.1
The Board of Education may approve outdoor education program requests consistent with the following:
- Students participate in a curriculum with general educational objectives including learning experiences in an outdoor environment dealing with nature and academic situations for the appropriate grade level concerned.
- Parents are involved in the financial planning.
- Insurance covering all participants is adequate for the program.
- Supervision of all activities within the program is adequate to meet the needs according to acceptable pupil/teacher ratio.
- The total cost of the program will be the responsibility of the local school in cooperation with parents and parent organizations.
- The funds received through individual parent contributions shall not exceed the cost of room and board, transportation and two compensatory days for each teacher (Article 17.4 of ITA Agreement).
- Students will not be deprived of participation due to insufficient funds. The responsibility for their participation will be with the parent sponsoring group in cooperation with the local school.
- Fund raising activities to defray costs will be parent and local school approved and within reasonable guidelines for the activity.
Policy Adopted: August 21, 2012