BOARD POLICY - 9230
The Board of Education and the administrative staff shall assist each new member-elect to understand the Board’s functions, policies, and procedures before he/she takes office.
The member-elect shall be:
- Invited to meet with the Superintendent and other administrative personnel to discuss services performed for the Board.
- Given material relating to the position.
- Supplied material pertinent to Board Meetings.
- Invited to Board Meetings and to participate in its discussions.
- Encouraged to attend conferences and meetings relating to the functions and duties of the Board of Education.
All appropriate procedures will be taken to acquaint the new member(s) with school and District office facilities.
Policy Adopted: November 3, 1980