ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION - 0460
Goals and Actions Addressing State and Local Priorities
The Irvine Unified School District's Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) annual updates shall include, for the district and each district school: (Education Code 52060)
1. A description of the annual goals established for all students and for each numerically significant subgroup as defined in Education Code 52052, including ethnic subgroups, socioeconomically disadvantaged students, English learners, students with disabilities, foster youth, and homeless students.
The LCAP shall identify goals for each of the following state priorities:
- The degree to which district teachers are appropriately assigned in accordance with Education Code 44258.9 and fully credentialed in the subject areas and for the students they are teaching; every district student has sufficient access to standards-aligned instructional materials as determined pursuant to Education Code 60119; and school facilities are maintained in good repair as specified in Education Code 17002
- Implementation of the academic content and performance standards adopted by the State Board of Education (SBE), including how the programs and services will enable English learners to access the State Standards and the English language development standards for purposes of gaining academic content knowledge and English language proficiency
- Parent/guardian involvement and family engagement, including efforts the district makes to seek parent/guardian input in district and school site decision making and how the district will promote parent/guardian participation in programs for unduplicated students, as defined in Education Code 42238.02 and Board policy, and students with disabilities
- Student achievement, as measured by all of the following as applicable:
(1) Statewide assessments of student achievement
(2) The percentage of students who have successfully completed courses that satisfy the requirements for entrance to the University of California and the California State University, or career technical education sequences or programs of study that align with SBE-approved career technical education standards and frameworks, including, but not limited to, those described in Education Code 52302, 52372.5, or 54692
(3) The percentage of English learners who make progress toward English proficiency as measured by the SBE-certified assessment of English proficiency
(4) The English learner reclassification rate
(5) The percentage of students who have passed an Advanced Placement examination with a score of 3 or higher
(6) The percentage of students who demonstrate college preparedness in the Early Assessment Program pursuant to Education Code 99300-99301
- Student engagement, as measured by school attendance rates, chronic absenteeism rates, middle school dropout rates, high school dropout rates, and high school graduation rates, as applicable
- School climate, as measured by student suspension and expulsion rates and other local measures, including surveys of students, parents/guardians, and teachers on the sense of safety and school connectedness, as applicable
- The extent to which students have access to and are enrolled in a broad course of study that includes all of the subject areas described in Education Code 51210 and 51220, as applicable, including the programs and services developed and provided to unduplicated students and students with disabilities, and the programs and services that are provided to benefit these students as a result of supplemental and concentration grant funding pursuant to Education Code 42238.02 and 42238.03
- Student outcomes, if available, in the adopted course of studies in grades 1-6 (Education Code 51210) and the adopted course of studies in grades 7-12 (Education Code 51220), as applicable
2. Any goals identified for any local priorities established by the Board.
For any local priorities addressed in the LCAP, the Board and Superintendent or designee shall identify and include in the LCAP the method for measuring the district's progress toward achieving those goals. (Education Code 52060)
3. A description of the specific actions the district will take during each year of the LCAP to achieve the identified goals, including the enumeration of any specific actions necessary for that year to correct any deficiencies in regard to the state and local priorities specified in items #1-2 above. Such actions shall not supersede provisions of existing collective bargaining agreements within the district.
To the extent practicable, data reported in the LCAP shall be reported in a manner consistent with how information is reported on the California School Dashboard. (Education Code 52060)
Increase or Improvement in Services for Unduplicated Students
The LCAP shall demonstrate how the district will increase or improve services for unduplicated students at least in proportion to the increase in funds apportioned on the basis of the number and concentration of unduplicated students. (5 CCR 15494-15496)
When the district expends supplemental and/or concentration grant funds on a districtwide or schoolwide basis during the year for which the LCAP is adopted, the district's LCAP shall: (5 CCR 15496)
- Identify those services that are being funded and provided on a districtwide or schoolwide basis.
- Describe how such services are principally directed towards, and are effective in, meeting the district's goals for unduplicated students in the state priority areas and any local priority areas.
- If the enrollment of unduplicated students is less than 55 percent of district enrollment or less than 40 percent of school enrollment, describe how these services are the most effective use of the funds to meet the district's goals for its unduplicated students in the state priority areas and any local priority areas. The description shall provide the basis for this determination, including, but not limited to, any alternatives considered and any supporting research, experiences, or educational theory.
Availability of the Plan
The Superintendent or designee shall prominently post the LCAP, any updates or revisions to the LCAP, and the LCFF Budget Overview for Parents/guardians on the district's web site. (Education Code 52064.1, 52065)
Adopted: January 14, 2020