ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION - 6146.4
Development and Implementation of Differential Standards
- Differential standards and assessment procedures which include, but need not be limited to, reading comprehension, writing, and computation skills, shall be developed by the Individual Education Planning (IEP) team for a student when determined appropriate.
- The team shall develop differential proficiency standards, or modify the general proficiency standards adopted by the Board, appropriate to the needs and potential of the student.
- For each special education student enrolled in the 9-12 grade, the consideration of any differential standards shall be documented on page one of the IEP document.
- The determination and the development of differential proficiency standards shall be part of the process of developing, reviewing, and revising a student's individualized education program.
- In the case where one or more differential standards are developed for a student enrolled in special education, the standards may be maintained throughout the student's school experience, irrespective of whether the student continues to be enrolled in special education.