As educators, we support high-quality research that would advance the field of education. At the same time, we must remain cognizant of our primary responsibility to the students, parents and staff whom we serve within Irvine Unified School District. The value of time and resources required by any proposal must be weighed against the value of the anticipated benefits of the research studies proposed.
The following criteria will be used when considering any requests to conduct research in IUSD:
- Significance to the field of education
- Clear and immediate benefit to district/school
- Alignment with district or school priorities: Strategic Initiatives and Continuous Improvement Efforts
- Time commitment for district or school personnel
- Minimal to no interruptions to instructional time
- Adherence to district policies and procedures regarding data privacy and security
- Sensitivity of information collected
- Adherence to district policies and procedures regarding consent
If a request will require extensive data compilation, extraction, or programming to produce the record, the requestor shall bear the cost. The estimated cost will be provided along with the notice of approval to conduct the research.
A request for approval to conduct a research study or survey, with the exception of those mandated by law, shall be submitted to the District Research Committee by the following due dates. Please note that the Committee cannot accept late submissions. The requestor will be notified of the Committee's decision via email on or before the notification dates listed below.
Complete this application in its entirety and mail or email all required documents to:
Attn: IUSD Research Committee
Chair of Research Committee:
Proposal Submission Deadlines:
*We are no longer accepting proposals for the 2018-19 school year.