Congratulations to Sarika R., who won the Orange County District spelling bee after 18 lenghty rounds. Sarika competed against 46 other spelling bee finalists from schools throughout the county for this honor and she will get the amazing opportunity to travel all the way to Washington D.C in May to compete in the National Spelling Bee.
Dear Parent or Guardian:
The Irvine Unified School District will once again require residency verification for all IUSD students enrolling for the 2015-16 school year. This process is an annual legal requirement in California, and it helps our district ensure that all available resources are spent efficiently and effectively to the benefit of Irvine families. Moreover, these additional steps will help provide a full and precise accounting of our student population as we review staffing for the coming year.
By completing the following forms, you will be making a formal declaration that your child lives within IUSD’s attendance boundaries.
Please refer to the attachment for the electronic version of the Residency Verification and Affidavit Forms (with fillable fields) (To complete forms, you must click “enable editing.”)
Hard copies have been made available in your child’s Homeroom class.
If you are considered a co-resident (you and your family are living with the owner or renter of your residence), please also note Page 4 of the Residency Verification and Affidavit Forms, which includes a “Co-Residency Supplemental Form.” This document must be completed and notarized as part of the Residency Verification and Affidavit Forms by parents or guardians who share a home with another individual or family member.
If you have recently changed your address in the parent portal, please realize that the official record does not reflect these changes until you have verified the new address with the school through the residency verification process. Residency Verification and Affidavit Forms are due by Friday, April 3rd.
Parking Lot Safety Reminders - IMPORTANT!!
- Please drive SLOWLY while entering, exiting, and driving through our lot and surrounding neighborhood
- Please be vigilant and respectful of other motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians
- Please observe & comply with directional arrows in entrances and aisles
- Please do not stop your car in a through lane
- Please do not park your car in a drop off lane
- Drop off your children at the white curb or near the pedestrian crossing zone in the second aisle
- Consider having your child walk, ride a bike/scooter, or meet at a (slightly) off campus location to decrease congestion in our lot!
- For his/her safety, please remind your child to walk bikes, skateboards, and scooters on campus, across school entrances/exits, and across crosswalks and to make eye contact with drivers.
Support SVMS through Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. Make sure you select Sierra Vista Middle PTSA as your non-profit organization. You can find it by entering Sierra Vista Middle PTSA in the search field or go to AmazonSmile to sign up.
Mar 2 - Mar 6
LCFF and LCAP
Parent Account Information
End of Trimester 2
Orchestra Spring Concert
7:00 p.m. at NHS Theatre
7:00 p.m. at SVMS MPR
Band Spring Concert
7:00 p.m. at NHS Theatre
Spring Picture Day
Saturday at IHS