ACE Afterschool Classes - Register Now!!
Interested in the ACE Afterschool Program? The session begins Monday, November 30th and the classes include: Minecraft University: Java Modding, Chess, and Cooking.For more information, check out the attached flyer.
Sierra Vista's Irvine Hoops Girls Basketball Team
Zarina Y, Annabella H, Naomi L, Stephanie C, Erin H,
Alice P, Sarah B, Lauren K, Kara C
Harvest Cup Champions!!
Congratulations to our Boys and Girls Harvest Cup teams – both teams are Harvest Cup Champions! The boys won their final game 3-1 yesterday and the girls scored in overtime to seal the title. Way to go Chargers!!
Become a member of PTSA!
SVMS PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM - New Google Forms Process
- Please include all SVMS students in family when completing the Google Form.
- Please **PRINT** before hitting the "Submit" button.
- Please bring the PRINTED form along with your payment to the SVMS Front Office.
- Please make check payable to SVMS PTSA.
Sierra Vista Shines at National History Day Competition
Sierra Vista Middle School students, Frances K. and Michelle K., received first-place honors in the Junior Group Documentary Category during the Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest, held from June 14 to 18 at the University of Maryland in College Park. Their documentary was titled “Henry Ford: Driving America Into the Future,” and their teachers were Barbara Hall and Jonathan Millers.
More than 500,000 elementary, middle and high school students from the U.S. and beyond take part in National History Day competitions at the local, state and national levels each year, conducting extensive research based on a yearly theme before submitting complex projects in the form of papers, exhibits, performances, websites and documentaries. School competitions are held in the winter, followed by county and state contests.
In May, California’s National History Day event was held at William Jessup University in Rocklin, drawing more than 1,161 students from 25 counties. Fifteen of those students ultimately got the chance to bring their projects to the Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest. This year’s theme was “Leadership and Legacy in History.”
Way to go Frances and Michelle!!
Sierra Vista Sent Only OC Student to Compete
in National Spelling Bee
Sierra Vista Middle School Student Sarika R. was the only Orange County student to qualify for the 2015 Scripps National Spelling Bee in Maryland. Sarika participated in a written vocabulary test and two rounds of preliminary oral examination. She was one of only 285 students nationwide to participate in this prestigious competition.
While Sarika did not advance to the semifinals, she has received a great deal of local attention for her incredible accomplishment. She has been featured in two Orange County Register articles and her class was able to watch her compete live on ESPN.
Congratulations to Sarika for job well done!
SVMS Lip Dub
"Peter and the Wolf"
This is a collaborative piece created by our Electives Department. Enjoy!
The making of... "Peter and the Wolf"
ELECTIVE SELECTION INFORMATION:
It's time to make elective selections for next year. Please complete the form below with the elective choices and acquire the necessary signatures. Be sure to PRINT the form before clicking the "Submit" button.
Parking Lot Safety Reminders - IMPORTANT!!
- Please drive SLOWLY while entering, exiting, and driving through our lot and surrounding neighborhood
- Please be vigilant and respectful of other motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians
- Please observe & comply with directional arrows in entrances and aisles
- Please do not stop your car in a through lane
- Please do not park your car in a drop off lane
- Drop off your children at the white curb or near the pedestrian crossing zone in the second aisle
- Consider having your child walk, ride a bike/scooter, or meet at a (slightly) off campus location to decrease congestion in our lot!
- For his/her safety, please remind your child to walk bikes, skateboards, and scooters on campus, across school entrances/exits, and across crosswalks and to make eye contact with drivers.
Support SVMS through Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. Make sure you select Sierra Vista Middle PTSA as your non-profit organization. You can find it by entering Sierra Vista Middle PTSA in the search field or go to AmazonSmile to sign up.