4321 Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92604
Main Phone Number:
Web site Assistance:
Principal's Honor Roll (Spring 2016)
Program of Studies (16-17)
Wed-Thu (1/18-1/19) - Fall Semester Finals
Fri (1/20) - Teacher Work Day - No Students - Office Closed
Mon (1/23) - Semester Break - No School - Office Closed
Tue (1/24) - Spring Semester Begins - Report to TA @ 8:00am
2016-17 A-Day/B-Day Calendar
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
IHS Major Event Calendar and Facility Request
Note: After you click on Calendar, select category and then "Go to Calendar"
IUSD District Wide Calendar
New Student Enrollment
Program of Studies(16-17)
The Irvine Public Schools Foundation is dedicated to supporting Irvine schools.
Click IPSF logo to find out how you can help.
SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENT PROCESS FOR 2ND SEMESTER
All of the “Blue Sheets” that were submitted back to TA have been reviewed, and adjustments made if possible.
The process at the start of the semester is as follows:
January 24th and January 25th
- Schedule adjustments will be made for the following reasons:
- missing required core courses (ie US History for Juniors)
- misplacement in course level (ie Spanish 1 vs Spanish 2)
- a course has already been completed
- Seniors only, missing a class needed for graduation
- Two classes scheduled during same period
- Students must first report to their scheduled classes.
- Students should NOT wait in line for a schedule adjustment if just dropping homework lab or adding student assistant. These forms should be left in the baskets in the Student Center.
- PREFERENCE ADJUSTMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Schedule adjustments will take place on January 24 and 25 ONLY with a Teacher or Advisor request and signature on a PINK “Ticket to Request an Emergency Schedule Adjustment” form. The forms are available from classroom teachers.
- A parent signature is required to drop a class.
On January 24 and 25 schedule adjustments must be made during an open period or during a class that the adjustment affects, with the teacher’s signature and approval. Students can NOT skip class to request an adjustment. Student who miss class will be marked absent and accrue detentions.
- PE adjustment will be made with the PE class.
- The schedule of classes is full with only a few exceptions. Adjustments of any kind are therefore limited.
January 26th and January 27th
Students who do not meet the “Emergency” requirements can submit a request for schedule adjustments on Thursday, January 26 or Friday, January 27 by submitting a completed, signed Schedule Adjustment Form to the LIFE CENTER before school, during morning break, or lunch. The Schedule Adjustment forms are available on the bulletin board outside the Upstairs Office.
- LAST DAY TO ADD A CLASS IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 27th
- LAST DAY TO DROP SOLID BLOCK CLASSES W/O PENALTY IS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH
- LAST DAY TO DROP ALTERNATING BLOCK CLASSES W/O PENALTY WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND
Counselor's Newsletter - Fall 2016
The Irvine High School Counseling Department welcomes you to the 2016-17 school year! We hope that you had an enjoyable summer and we are excited to work with your family this upcoming school year! . In an effort to keep students and families informed, we hope that you will find these upcoming events and resources valuable.
Click on the link below to read the fall edition of the Counseling Newsletter.
Smart Start Driving Presentation
Smart Start is a safe driving presentation provided by the Irvine Police Department in collaboration with IUSD in an effort to ensure the safety of our students beginning their driving careers. Each of our high schools will require SMART START attendance and participation for students interested in obtaining a school parking permit. For this reason, IUSD administration and the Irvine Police Department have identified various dates, times and locations for the presentation and welcome students from IUSD high schools to attend any session.
Introduction to Naviance
Irvine High School now utilizes a web-based program called NAVIANCE FAMILY CONNECTION, sponsored by IPSF for IUSD 7-12 students and brought to you by your IHS Counseling Team. Through search tools and activities it provides support and guidance to students, families and staff to promote student achievement and post-secondary success. It is also a tool to communicate information to students.
For instructions on how to start using Naviance