The Irvine Unified School District and our schools are committed to providing accurate and transparent information regarding COVID-19 cases on our campuses, while maintaining privacy and confidentiality for our students and staff.
About the Dashboard:
- The dashboard represents the number of students and staff, who have been on our campuses or at District facilities with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case within the last 10 days (in-person instruction only).
- While confirmed positive cases remain on the dashboard for 10 days, students and staff may return before this time, in accordance with California Department of Public Health guidelines for schools.
- According to state and local health experts, schools are safer than most other community settings and have less transmissions due to layered mitigation measures such as masking, enhanced ventilation, standalone air purification units, case tracking, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Dashboard data is updated on Wednesday each week (excluding non-school days and holidays).
COVID-19 tracking and notifications remain in place at schools and District facilities. The dashboard is updated Wednesdays each week.
In the event of a positive case, as defined by the California Department of Public Health, school communities are notified directly by their principals or school staff. Click here for more information.
COVID-19 Reporting instructions for IUSD families
Parents/guardians are asked to contact your school's office if your student has a confirmed positive case of COVID-19. The school will ask you to complete a short Google Form (similar to last year), which allows our schools to continue to monitor cases and provide our parent community with appropriate notifications and guidelines to follow. Thank you in advance for your partnership and for following guidelines and protocols to help keep our schools healthy and safe. IUSD schools and staff will maintain confidentiality and protect student privacy, following all FERPA protocols.
Help prevent and limit covid-19
It continues to take a concerted effort to help keep our students, staff and families safe and healthy. Please keep students home when they are sick and report confirmed positive cases to the office at your student's school. This enables our schools to continue to monitor cases and provide our parent community with appropriate notifications and guidelines to follow. For more information and resources, visit iusd.org/covid19. Schools will work with students and families to maintain confidentiality and to help continue your student’s education.
Resources and information
- Click here for the California Department of Public Health guidelines for TK-12 schools.
- For additional questions about the coronavirus, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency website, which also includes a COVID-19 health line https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/.
- Throughout the school year, please continue to check your email and other sources of communications from your schools. COVID-19 updates and information is also posted to our COVID-19 resource webpage, including information about our protocols and procedures, links to expert agencies, contacts, supports and other resources.