Connect Communicate Acculturate Educate
The purpose of our Parent Outreach Program is to Connect, Communicate, Acculturate, and Educate (CCAE) the students and parents who are new to Woodbury Elementary. It is our goal that this endeavor will make it easier for families to transition into our school and community.
Specifically, the intent is to:
- create awareness about parent resources among teachers, parents, and Woodbury community.
- establish home-school connections for parents.
- create cultural awareness and appreciation among all students and their families.
- serve as a liaison between Woodbury and IUSD's Language Development Program.
- provide parent outreach and engagement.
- involve parents in both Woodbury and IUSD activities and resources. Examples- Woodbury PTA, volunteering, support at home, IPSF, etc.
- design and provide Woodbury parent workshops that address a variety of topics and needs.
- support teachers with resources for students and parents.
- identify and develop leadership within cultural and linguistic groups.
WOODBURY WORKSHOPS (Informational Meetings)
Please see below for all parent resources
Thursday, August 4: CELDT Test
Thursday, September 15: Parent Portal and Canvas
Thursday, November 10: Digital Citizenship
Positive Discipline Workshop - 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/17, 3/6, 3/13
Each One Teach One - February 9th
The links below provide information from our informational meetings and about IUSD resources for parents.
Parent Outreach Infograph
Parent Survey Link: https://goo.gl/ofD3qj
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
CELDT Presentation Information for Parents
Parent Portal and Canvas Presentation
Parent Portal Screencast
What is Canvas?
Canvas Parent Account Guide
Digital Citizenship Presentation
Digital Citizenship Parent Resources
IUSD's Language Development Program
IUSDs Language Development Community Resource Canvas Page
Parent Outreach Coordinators
Jessica Mossbarger: JessicaMossbarger@iusd.org
Teresa Yau: TeresaYau@iusd.org