It our belief that EVERY middle school child has the capacity to be compassionate and giving; to be perceptive, creative, and informed; to be industrious, ethical and a risk-taker; to be poised; to persevere and to celebrate each day with optimism. Therefore, in pursuit of becoming lifelong learners, Lakeside Middle School students will be able to: Communicate information, ideas and thoughts utilizing appropriate skills in writing, reading, speaking, listening, and artistic expression.
- Demonstrate social skills which promote respectful interaction, responsible collaboration, and effective communication with others.
- Utilize expanding technological resources to access, analyze, and present information in academic and personal pursuits.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving, decision making, and reflective thinking strategies.
- Exhibit an awareness of, an appreciation for, and respect toward our diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate commitment to Lakeside and the community through service and participation in advisement, school, and other activities.
- Develop positive habits which encompass mental, physical, and emotional balance.
- Refine and apply essential skills for successful transition to high school.