1 Smoketree Lane
Irvine CA 92604
The Early Childhood Learning Center's mission is to work collaboratively with families to create a learning community
that supports the growth of physical, social/emotional,
language, and pre-academic skills through
developmentally appropriate practices.
ECLC is a place for children birth through five and their parents. We provide a continuum of quality early childhood programs and services to meet the unique needs of our community.
- Head Start
- A no-cost three hour preschool program for children who are 3-5 years of age whose parents meet the income eligibility requirements
- School Readiness Program
- A comprehensive resource and support program that strengthens and enables families to develop skills that build healthy children (birth through five) who are learning and ready for school
- Special Education Preschool
- A continuum of specialized preschool programs designed to meet the unique needs of children who are eligible for special education
- State Preschool
- Preschool and child care services (at no-cost or sliding scale) for children ages 3-5 years of age whose parents meet the income and/or need eligibility requirements
History of ECLC
The Early Childhood Learning Center was established in 2002, to bring together all of the early childhood education programs within IUSD. As Los Naranjos Elementary School was closed, ECLC took its place. Today, ECLC staff are highly trained and qualified professionals, teaching in a developmentally appropriate environment using curriculum and materials based on best practice and research in early childhood education. Programs seize the unique opportunity to provide a continuum of services, collaborate together to share resources, and offer a range of early childhood educational experiences that align with the California State Learning Foundations. We strive to support our students and encourage success throughout their early childhood educational experiences and beyond.