eNews Updates of theBonitaCanyon PTA- December
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR TO ATTEND THE JANUARY 30 PTA GENERAL ASSOCIATION MEETING WITH GUEST SPEAKER, IRVINE POLICE DEPARTMENT DARE OFFICER, M. ARAGON!
- IPSF ANNUAL CAMPAIGN IS UNDERWAY!
Your donations to IPSF will be matched between now and Dec. 31! (see attachment)
- BC/PTA DIRECTORY DISTRIBUTION COMING SOON!
If you are a PTA member, look for your BC/PTADirectory to arrive today or Monday.Thank you for your patience.
- ASTRONOMY NIGHT RESCHEDULED TO MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 7:0O PM
All BC families are invited to the blacktop to view the galaxy and star gaze through high powered telescopes and enjoy hot cocoa & treats at a bake sale hosted by the BC L.I.F.E. Club. There will also be a Sky Dome in the MPR with storytelling hosted by BC Science Teacher, Chuck Nelson. (see attachment)
- EARLY DISMISSAL TO KICK OFF WINTER BREAK IS DEC. 20, 1:00 P.M.
Report cards will be available online by 1:30 p.m. at www.MyIUSD.org.
- CLASS PARTIES ARE DEC. 20. LOOK FOR INFO FROMROOM PARENTS.
- REFLECTIONS ART GALLERY AT BONITA CANYON IS JANUARY 8, 2014
All families are invited to stop by the Art Gallery in our Multi-purpose Room throughout the day on Wednesday, January 8, to view some amazing entries submitted by our students for the PTA Reflections Art Contest. Please pick up a visitor badge from the office prior to visiting the MPR. Students who submitted artwork (and their parents) are invited to a special reception at 1:30 p.m. in the MPR on January 8. (see attachment)
- HELP US MINIMIZE THE SPREAD OF GERMS DURING FLU SEASON
- Please do not medicate and send your child to school if he/she is complaining of not feeling well. The initial stage of illness is often the most contagious. Excessive tiredness and/or flu-like symptoms are reason to remain home and rest. STUDENTS MUST BE FEVER-FREE 24 HOURS BEFORE RETURNING TO CLASS! If the parent or guardian cannot be reached to pick up a sick child, persons on the child’s Emergency Contacts list will be notified. Please visit the Parent Portal to update your child’s emergency contacts – www.MyIUSD.org
- Please consider donating “hand-sanitizing” wipes to the school office for distribution to the classrooms before the year’s end. You will receive confirmation of the donation with our Tax ID. Thank you for your support of our school.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013/14 BONITA CANYON STUDENT COUNCIL
Elections were held recently and all candidates did an excellent job running for office.
President, Will Stenta; Vice President, David Zhang; 2nd Vice President, Arjun Gill;Treasurer, Olivia Dietrich, Secretary Gr. 5, Sofia Reyes Franco; Secretary Gr. 6 Kay Makki; Historian, Ally Santa Maria.
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!